BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was hoping to get a 2003 325xi(ohio winters), but I'm not a big fan of the 17"rims that come with it. I would much rather have the 17" rims that come on the 325I. Has anyone every asked a dealer to make such a switch? And is this even possible? I would think a dealer could make this switch easy enough.

Thought??

Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Youd have less of a problem doing the physical swap than you would convincing the dealer to do it. They typically wont make a switch like that so as to not break up a special option package from one car to another. Remember if that 325 doesnt have 16s then they are probably an upgrade, and if no one likes the ones from the XI then they will have a harder time selling the other car too. If they are both simply base wheels and not part of an option package (sport,touring etc.) then they might do it for you.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'd be concerned about a tire swap if the offset is different. You can go with a larger offset without too much concern, nevertheless.

I'm thinking that since the xi is awd, the offset is different from the i.

To make sure, call the dealer to see if there is a difference in offset between the xi and i rims. Ask if there would be a problem with switching rims. If you tell them you are asking for general purposes and not holding them to their response, they might be more helpful.

Also call Tire Rack. They are fitment pros.

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
why the hell does BMW have so many different sizes and offsets for the same series cars. i mean isnt there like 4 different sizes and offsets?

·
Registered
179 Posts
yes i hate those rims too. get the sport package u get nice rims and also u get nicer steering wheel and seats

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hate the 17" wheels with the sports pack too on the 2003. thinking about just saying the hell with it and get a 2003 325 i, RWD in the Ohio winter can't be that bad, can it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts