BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i am a 19 year old and i have a 99 BMW 318ti and am having this problem-

It has been kinda cutting out. Im not sure if its the battery although it does have 80k miles so that may be an option. My mom was driving it earlier and she said that when she came to a stop it died like 3 times. It has never died on me but has kinda studdered when reversing or transitioning. Then today I push the window up button in park and you can see the light dim then come back to full when i release it. im not sure whats up?

I would appreciate any help thanks

ryan
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Sounds like a battery issue. Usually when the battery is getting weak or does not take a full charging, it shows those signs of lights dimming, and at certain points when it gets too bad it will stahl the car out. Also a possibiltiy could be the alternator going bad and not providing a subtle charge for the battery. But overall take your car to autozone if you have one near and they will test your battery and tell you if it's good or not for free in like 2 minutes.

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
yeah sounds like a battery problem, i would have said alternator but if your not dying while in motion than your probably safe in that respect. id get a new battery and see if that fixes the problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts