BMW Werkz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 1994 325i vert and looks like somebody messed with the passanger door panel and i bought a iner door handle trim because it was missing and now i can not get it on because the door panle was instaled wrong can someone help me on puting it back on right if you need pics of the door panel i can take some

· Registered
1,493 Posts
i don't know how i can help on this one :conf

wrong type of panel, maybe?

if it's the right one, ... lack of patience? :)

normally you would start by fitting the panel starting at the top(at the weatherstrip) and working your way downward... maybe ask an assistant to help you hold the latch in open position while u fit the panel in place... or a combination of those:)

:cheers

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is the right one its kinda like the handle is in more then it should like if the door panel isnt on enough and it wigges but i push the sides back on and the pins hold for a lil but something is up with it

· Registered
781 Posts
wrong latch, maybe? OR... door damage?! perhaps the reason why u have a missing latch...
+1 on the door damage, i just replaced my drivers side door because the handle wouldn't stay in.

there are two screws on the back of the door panel that hold it in...some how mine got really messed up and wouldn't hold anymore.

i think that could be it with yours as well...

i had to get a new door panel.

good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.