BMW Werkz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there's traffic EVERYWHERE. ALL THE TIME. it's a pain in the ass. and there's construction that does NOTHING. they block off lanes and don't do anything. my girlfriend just called me, it's 11pm, and there's construction and a traffic jam on the beltway! it's not rush hour, no. it's 11pm. it's constant!!! i'm considering moving out west, get away from this fucking capitalist overpopulated society.

rant over. for now

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's all good now. i took the back roads to the gf's house and had some fun. i did a 0 to 60 run and got to it in JUST under 10 seconds :rock :rock

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Originally posted by donutchow@Jul 24 2003, 09:37 PM
i'm considering moving out west, get away from this fucking capitalist overpopulated society.

rant over. for now
Houston is really bad. Dallas is bad most of the day (early morning weekends are good though). But yea, a lot of cities out west are really spread out with out as much population density and 'rush hour' is a 30 to 45 minute thing. :vroom

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
It'll be the same every where soon. Too many people, too many cars.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by GreenDragon@Jul 25 2003, 09:14 AM
i don't think it can get any worse in the md/dc/va area. they should make people move, cut down neighborhoods and put up roads.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by donutchow+Jul 25 2003, 01:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donutchow @ Jul 25 2003, 01:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GreenDragon@Jul 25 2003, 09:14 AM
i don't think it can get any worse in the md/dc/va area. they should make people move, cut down neighborhoods and put up roads. [/b][/quote]
Oh come on now, you know it can get workse. Population desity is only on the rise. We don't need more roads, we need better engineered roads. Look at the mixing bowl fo instance - what a mess that is. Worse now with the construction. The beltway just sucks, period.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by GreenDragon+Jul 25 2003, 12:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GreenDragon @ Jul 25 2003, 12:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 25 2003, 01:57 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-GreenDragon
@Jul 25 2003, 09:14 AM

i don't think it can get any worse in the md/dc/va area. they should make people move, cut down neighborhoods and put up roads.
Oh come on now, you know it can get workse. Population desity is only on the rise. We don't need more roads, we need better engineered roads. Look at the mixing bowl fo instance - what a mess that is. Worse now with the construction. The beltway just sucks, period. [/b][/quote]
so in 10 years what's the point of having an M5 compared to a kia spectra if you're just diong stop and go traffic everywhere?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Good question.

Possible answer - The M5 will be smoother through the potholes than the Kia? :dunno

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
i live in baltimore and will be until labor day and its not as bad as some small towns....in clinton iowa the roads are fairly clear but almost EVERY road is in horrible condition. The good thing is that there their are a few backroads where you can go almost any speed :)

the greenbelt is really bad though, i hate it whenever i go on that car traffic disaster of a highway :ph34r:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts