BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wub: i got my first 96'323i M bimmer and i dont know anything about it.
need some advises and
does M mean that there were some mods done on the engine or suspension or gear box

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
welcome to bmw-forums.
the M is usually a package that BMW offers , you probabaly have the skirt pakage, got any pics? you might also have Mtech suspension, however its tough to tell by looking alone.

as for oil, use synthetic, its more expensive but well worth it and you dont have to change as frequently, i personally recommend Mobil 1 tri-synthetic, 10w-30

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Welcome B)

I'm guessing you dont live in the US, cuz i dont think the US got a 323 until 98. where exactly do you see the M badges? if you have them on the moldings, shiftknob, and maybe steering wheel, you probably have a factory M package. i dont know if there was a M-technic pacakge on E36's but if there was you would have a slightly sportier suspension as well. although if the moldings dont have anything on them, then the previous owner mustve just bought some M equipment to dress the car up with out getting any special package.

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
i think maybe someone added the M badge to the car. i can see M sideskirts and sidemolding but thats really about it, car looks great though

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the suspension feels a bit hard and its great in the corners so i dont know if its been tuned up by M power

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by Tygrys@Jul 3 2003, 08:46 PM
the suspension feels a bit hard and its great in the corners so i dont know if its been tuned up by M power
no way to really tell except through the dealer, (you can ask them to pull up your cars original record and see what came with the car) thats how i found out my car had Mtech suspension , also i never had an M badge on the car.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Those side skirts where stock on 328s and the moldings too...

How did you radomly just wake up one day and buy an e36???

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by RedTape@Jul 3 2003, 08:52 PM
Those side skirts where stock on 328s and the moldings too...

How did you radomly just wake up one day and buy an e36???
no their not. if you look very close the sidemolding have the M symbol on them. the stock 3 series (not including the M) had thinner sidemoldings, and the sideskirts are M3 because the crease is visiable, the stock 328 ones are painted but there is no crease

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i was gonna buy subaru impreza wrx sti ra
i went for a holiday out of town drove by a car dealer, saw the car and i bougt it
and now i know ive made a good choice

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
WOW this thread is old!
This guy bought his car about a 1 1/2 years ago!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Whoa. I'm gonna go look for the oldest thread I can find and reply to it. :D

·
Registered
616 Posts
yeah there's like a few really old threads that someone's replied to recently... hmmm. a lot of the people on the threads i've never heard of.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts