BMW Werkz banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new wheels today, SSR Comps in 16X7. Only 9.5 pounds each:buttrock They have Goodyear GSD-3 tires on them now but they are 205/50/16's which is too tall. When I wear these out I'm probably swaping to a 215/40/16. For those of you that were thinking of running the GSD-3's I have this to say, they have good grip but make a noticable ammount of noise while going down the road. I'll get some better pics of the wheels tomorrow once I get them cleaned up a little better and get some dressing on the tires.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Looks good man, and you cant beat the weight.

·
Teh Peetsa Gai
3,478 Posts
$$??
I am jealous/hate of you for such nice wheels.
Your car is very clean/straight. Is it Silver or Bronzit Beige?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
german-speed-demon said:
Very nice aj, are those the wheels from out of the country you were trying to get, or some others?

Dave
No, those arn't the ones I was trying to get from the UK. The ones I orginally wanted are made by Team Dynamics Racing, and are 17X7.5. The ones I have now are 16X7 SSR Competitions Type-C's and only weigh 9.5 pounds. There is also a SSR wheel called the Type-H which looks like the Type-C that I have but weigh almost twice as much which some people dont realize when they order them.

·
Teh Peetsa Gai
3,478 Posts
^^ Yikes.
I'll just stick with the Ronal LS's. Those are only $1K for Wheel and Tire package.
Go Bronzit!

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Oh man Alex that thing is HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, SSR COmp's are HEAVENLY.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
hmm...have ever considered color matching the mirrors, or doing the trim black. I know i've talked to Kyle about it and we have our arguments, buti think bronzit mirrors + trim could look really good..or maybe doing just trim..or just mirrors..who knows, tomorrow if i have time i'll photoshop it for you.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
spiff325is said:
hmm...have ever considered color matching the mirrors, or doing the trim black. I know i've talked to Kyle about it and we have our arguments, buti think bronzit mirrors + trim could look really good..or maybe doing just trim..or just mirrors..who knows, tomorrow if i have time i'll photoshop it for you.
Black trim maybe but there is no way im color matching the mirrors. There is a bronzit 325iS by me that has color matched mirrors and it looks horible. I kind of like the chrome trim too and eventually when I get my euro grills I'm going back to a chrom kidney grill.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Nvm then, hehe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts