1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
You get my pm/email dude??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is there much sounds difference after you do this modification. Me and a friend were going to try it on his car one night, but wanted to see how it would affect the car first. One more question.....Do you know what the vacuum valve actually does?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Damnit.....I cant find that damn thing anywhere....i looked everywhere on my exhaust and ust dont see it......can someone help me out here please....

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok heres what to do: get on your back and slide directly under the back of your car. look at the muffler. it should be on the muffler's left side. if you still cant find i dont know what to tell you, maybe your year/model didnt have it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Originally posted by Import2ner@Sep 2 2003, 05:43 PM
Is there much sounds difference after you do this modification. Me and a friend were going to try it on his car one night, but wanted to see how it would affect the car first. One more question.....Do you know what the vacuum valve actually does?
it actuates a flap when the car turns on that blocks off one of the tail pipes....if you look in the pipe you will be able to see it

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
ehhhhh

i don't know if you should be plugging that. you may lose some torque in low rpm.

Originally posted by the mod
This is another one of those little changes that does little to nothing. It basically adds a little more exhaust sound in the lower RPMs at light throttle.
if that does indeed control the flapper valve in the exhaust, i assume the "more exhaust sound" is because the valve is continually open. the valve is an exup valve, and the reason why bmw put it in is because they could run bigger headers without sacrificing low rpm torque (vavle=closed at low rpm).

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
shouldnt make a difference on my car...my exhaust is hollow on the inside hahaha...but ill try it anyways

1 - 12 of 12 Posts