BMW Werkz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know they work on 2002 M5s....so I would assume at least late model E39s. Hmm.

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
My only thought on that is there's probably a difference in the radio and the control system on the later model E39's. Once again, I'm not totally sure and I know when you can't find an answer within 30 seconds through Google there's def an issue. I would want to be 100% sure before I say it definitely fits.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Agreed. I guess I can just buy a FM transmitter and hope it works. Instead of a new thread, since it applies here...found a 1995 740i, black, grey leather I believe, heated seats, keyless entry, and with 96,780 miles. Not bad in my opinion. I love the look of the E38, this would be a good one to update a thing or two and it look real fresh, the pics I have seen show it as very clean and cared for. I go buy it when I go home from school, so I am hoping I can work something out with this to have it at home for when I am there and for summers to save the E39 from taking all of miles.

1995 BMW 740 i, $5,995 - Cars.com

Thoughts?

Edit: Would it be plausible to get the aircon controls from a later model hooked up? Don't like the wheels for fan speed too much. Only complaint about the car.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Kasei, maybe ask the question in the electronics section of bimmerforums? Just because there are more members there...
plus I think someone here on werkz has DICE installed on his car
I think it wass teh prof

·
42, The meaning of life
2,405 Posts
Alpine 6&7 also had some insight into the DICE product. Let us know what comes of it.

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
Teh Prof does indeed have a DICE kit on his 5er (and swears by it). I thin it may be the same one as the auction shows. Try checking with him.

·
Registered
9 Posts
have them send you a pic of the connector that you would plug into the cd player in the trunk, if they look the same i dont see why it wouldnt

·
Im Bluffin With My Muffin
5,992 Posts
What year is your car? I believe it should work why don't check Dice's site for fitment?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts