1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin
9,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I practiced on one before I started.

Here's all the goodies, lenses, laminx and 2 fog lights

First off, gently remove the seal

Cut off as much of the old silicone as possible and slowly start cutting around the edges, WEAR EYE PROTECTION, shards of glass are know to come flying off

The best way to do this part is in a garbage with eye protection, pry the glass off since you already weaked the seal in the last step

Use tools whenever possible because, GLASS IS SHARP!!!!!!!

Scrape out all the old silicone from the grove

Thoroughly wash them out, man these things clean up nice...

Here I applied the lamin-x...slowly starting from one side working across to the other, these stuff is breathable, so if you get some super fine bubbles, dont worry they will work themselves out. Now i will let it all dry up over night, tomorrow on goes the silicone and lenses/seals

All sealed up, and with DDM's 35w 3000k H3 HID's installed...$29 for the kit!!! :argh

All finished up, gorgeous, couldnt ask for more, except maybe a straight front valance :argh

This should cover just about any BMW that has aftermarket lenses available, for foglights or headlights...this writeup is the same for E30 headlights/highbeams also so long as you have the ellipsoids

BMW Lights BMW Fog Lights BMW Headlight Lenses <==where to get the lenses

Lamin-x Protective Films - Protect with Style <==where to get the lamin-x in various colors

Probably the easiest DIY evAr

·
Im Bluffin With My Muffin
5,992 Posts
Lol thanks for the phantom I'm on this thread I was gonna ask you where to get the new lenses

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Excellent pictorial and instructions, but...Sorry for my ignorance but do we have Model by model section where this would be viewed by many ie: separate sections for all 'e' models with all members DIY's. I know we have E31, E39 E38sections but no sub sections ie. chat, mods, fixes etc or am I not looking in the correct places??

·
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin
9,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
unfortunately there is not enough DIY's on here to break down the different models, and this write up works for ALL bmw models with replacement lenses available...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts