BMW Werkz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please anyone got advice and tips how to replace the rear anti roll bar links ,

e36 318iS coupe 1994

the top nut comes off ,but the bottom part appears to slide out (as theres NO nut/bolt)

but i just cant get it off

help pls

· Premium Member
1,706 Posts
In this diagram on Real OEM, it looks like the sway bar screws into the sway bar link. Look at this diagram...

My guess is you will need to remove the bolts on top of both sway bar links and remove the sway bar and links as one. Then you should be able to replace the end links and reinstall.

Click Here For Real OEM

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In this diagram on Real OEM, it looks like the sway bar screws into the sway bar link. Look at this diagram...

My guess is you will need to remove the bolts on top of both sway bar links and remove the sway bar and links as one. Then you should be able to replace the end links and reinstall.

Click Here For Real OEM

ahhhh ,, all is clear now ,, looks like it will be 100 times easier by removing the whole antil roll barr.. I was trying to be superman and replace the links with the bar still on.

cheers matey .. il attack this job tonight

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Click Here For Real OEM

hey bimmer e39 , i just looked closly at your car ..Mmmm nice wheels , nice motor . sweet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.