BMW Werkz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 325i auto, and I am changing the auto shift assy to a post 96 model, which will let me put on the pistol grip shifters. I got the whole setup for cheap. anyways, I want to swap out these units, but how do you effectively take apart the center consol without breaking anything? thanks in advance
Lance

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
let me check. You want to change out the shift knob? Or do you want to change the shifter rod as well?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I have the whole shift assy
I have this whole peice:

it is from a newer car with the newer rod, so I can put the newer shift handle on. and in the write-up I found, he did everything through the shift boot, but I need to remove the consol to replace that whole unit. I looked in my ETK and it looks like there might be a bolt under the hazard button and some screws above the OBC, but you also have to remove that and the glasses holder which I dont know how to do. I am getting a Bentley manual for christmas....atleast I hope. its the only thing I asked for, but I want to do this project tomorrow. let me know what you find out!
thanks
Lance

PS here is the write-up I found on this project:
Auto Shift Knob Upgrade

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
cool dude give me a few minutes and ill have you set
moving to tech section as well

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
here ya go

Attachments

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
B)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
:driving

Attachments

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
:p

Attachments

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
:clap2

Attachments

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
removing the clock assembly

Attachments

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
some more

Attachments

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
:D

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you are Awesome! I looked on the web and did searches for hours and couldnt find anything. this was the 2nd forum I posted at and you gave me an answer so fast! thanks again! I bought the ETK and TIS program a while back, but never used the TIS. I didnt know it shows you how to take stuff apart. i could never get mine to work. I will have to go play with it more!
Lance

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
no prob dude.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts