BMW Werkz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
press once, short time. part of the stinking dsc is off. light appears on the dash, a circle with a squiggly inside.

press for about three seconds, second time. "brakes" light appears on the dash. the entire dsc is off.

i do not really know what gets turned off. with just the first component off, the car becomes drivable, i.e. it stops interfereing with power delivery, and it allows itself to be controlled it with the throttle in moderate speed opposite lock.

i never tested the "whole thing off" at any decent speed on the track.

bmw dealer refused to set this thing up so that i do not have to turn it off each time i drive. let me know if you want to sign a letter to helmut panke about this...

peter :guns :f-u :cya

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think we should be thankful that it is fully defeatable. Mercedes cant ever completely turn it off..... or shift for themselves (AMG) :screwy
ABS still remains active after the "second shut off", correct?

·
Registered
729 Posts
abs is not defeatable. always on.

i drive without this dsc nonsense. in my mind it is more dangerous on than off, unless you just cannot drive at all.

my car (330i PP) has only 235 horse, and is completely manageable with throttle. the tires on the back of this thing are 255 wide, way wider than the capability of the car to break traction in an unrecoverable way. it initially understeers for gods sake.

the dsc cuts off fuel unexpectedly, it takes only some bumps on one of the rears and this *(^&ing electronic minder thinks i need help. i don't. this evil thing stalls me on intersections, just when i need some power.

there is a good reason why i did not shell out more than 40 large on a benz: it is a dog without handling, made for sleepy old farts who like to sit on dead cows, surrounded by dead trees. they probably need the dsc.

sorry, but it touches a raw nerve...

peter :eek:uch

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the help, much better like a new car, its a pain in the ass turning it off every time though is there anything i can do to fix that

·
Registered
4,663 Posts

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
good luck fellas

·
4DoorWhore
2,208 Posts

·
4DoorWhore
2,208 Posts
You dont have a little button with the warning triangle on next to the lighter socket?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts