BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I'm having a problem with my 01 E53 X5 changing out the wood grain dash kit and I'm stuck...No clue on how to remove the wood grain off the steering wheel & shift knob to change out..I'm having all the wood grain changed out to carbon fiber overlay so I need to remove them i got everything else off the X5 except those two pieces..So Please Help Me Out Thank You...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello everyone I'm having a problem with my 01 E53 X5 changing out the wood grain dash kit and I'm stuck...No clue on how to remove the wood grain off the steering wheel & shift knob to change out..I'm having all the wood grain changed out to carbon fiber overlay so I need to remove them i got everything else off the X5 except those two pieces..So Please Help Me Out Thank You...

·
42, The meaning of life
2,405 Posts
Have you got access to any big ass termites? :)
I'd expect that there is some sort of retaining clip arrangement within the body of each item, but that's a guess. If you disassemble each piece to a point where you can see behind the woodgrain parts, it might help. Alternatively, have a look at the Carbon Fibre parts that you are going to fit to see if they give you any ideas, it might be that these finishes are simply glued to the surface of the parts they are attached to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.