BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after i wash my car, i want it to dry quickly so i can wax it too. for the windows i use a shammy so there's no streaking, but for the car in general i just drive it around the block. that doe3s a good job, then i'm ready for waxing.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I use The Absorber on my whole car (it's like a chamy except it hold a lot more water). Does a great job of drying the car off. Then I drive it around the block to get teh water out of the nooks and cranies, and spot dry those areas. Once I'm done with that I clean up the dried on water spots with Meguire's Detailing Spray, then wax.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by GreenDragon@Jun 10 2003, 08:18 AM
I use The Absorber on my whole car (it's like a chamy except it hold a lot more water). Does a great job of drying the car off. Then I drive it around the block to get teh water out of the nooks and cranies, and spot dry those areas. Once I'm done with that I clean up the dried on water spots with Meguire's Detailing Spray, then wax.
jeez, i didn't know you were a freak about cleaning cars like l337 and speed and woobie. detailing spray :p

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by donutchow@Jun 10 2003, 07:53 PM
jeez, i didn't know you were a freak about cleaning cars like l337 and speed and woobie. detailing spray :p
I'm not a freak about cleaning cars, I'm just a freak period :lol: :rock

This is how I see it - Considering the amount of money I am dumping into this car, it may as well look as nice as possible. Plus, I'm a bit proud of my bimmer so I like it clean and shiny :driving :bling :vroom :bravo

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by cardio@Jun 10 2003, 09:37 PM
what kind of bmw do u have green dragon?
'98 328is, Jet Black

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's so gorgeous out, sucks i'm working. i wish i could wash my car today but i can't at school, hopefully this weekend i can.

S

·
0 Posts
donut, the water will dry into water spots (one of the things that makes your car look dirty....always dry it off with towels or something....

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
on the viper i put a sweater on and slide on it :vroom

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by hang 10@Jun 10 2003, 09:55 PM
its so funny how you joke about yourslef not owning a viper

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+Jun 10 2003, 05:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ Jun 10 2003, 05:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--hang 10@Jun 10 2003, 09:55 PM
its so funny how you joke about yourslef not owning a viper [/b][/quote]
first you got to visualize your self owning one then it will happen i guess i visulized a little to much with that whole thread :gulp

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Originally posted by donutchow@Jun 10 2003, 08:15 AM
after i wash my car, i want it to dry quickly so i can wax it too. for the windows i use a shammy so there's no streaking, but for the car in general i just drive it around the block. that doe3s a good job, then i'm ready for waxing.
HAHAHAH don't drive around the block.... the car is wet and it will collect dust and dirt... Also you will get water spots like when it rains...

I use the Shamis all the way around and it dries perfectly... Also if you haven't waxed your car in a while its harder to dry it with a Shamis cause it will kinda stick with friction...

Basically after im done drying my car their are NO spots!!!!!

Before I had a shamis I used a BIG beach towel... Its soaks all that water UP

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
chamois :drunk

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+Jun 16 2003, 10:58 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ Jun 16 2003, 10:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--L337E46@Jun 15 2003, 11:25 PM
chamois :drunk
good stuff [/b][/quote]
:werd:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Shamis???? Chamois???

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
you sould use an air comprssor really easy to get the cracks :cya

1 - 20 of 25 Posts