BMW Werkz banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banghead can someone tell me the best way to lower my 325I sport? I have 17
inch wheels, I just need to clean up the wheel wells a bit. I will probobally go 18s in the future.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by mibimmer@Aug 26 2003, 03:13 PM
:banghead can someone tell me the best way to lower my 325I sport? I have 17
inch wheels, I just need to clean up the wheel wells a bit. I will probobally go 18s in the future.
all you need is some new springs, if want to get better handling out of it then you could get some sport dampers as well, but probably wouldnt be a good idea if you still have a warranty. check out h&r's website they make some of the best springs out there.

moving to E46

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you think about h&r cups? thanks for the info. If i get new springs, i'll need new struts as well right?

·
Registered
729 Posts
you will need a spring/shock combo. lowering the car more than 0.5 to 0.75 inches puts the shock absorbers out of useful piston range.

again, dinan has the goodies here...

peter

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Dinan is very good, but i think they are overpriced. H&R has some of the best springs/shocks around.

H&R Website

If you're looking for more of a drop, you can go with the cupkit like L337 has on his car. There is also the coilovers. The coilovers are more expensive, but you can adjust the ride height yourself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
az325ci I currently have the same wheels on my bimmer. mines a sedan though. siver metallic blue. c ya later

Scott.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
i dont even drive a bmw but i can tell you dinan will rape you pn $$$, unless you need it bc of warrenty i'd go with something else

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
i dont even drive a bmw but i can tell you dinan will rape you $$$, unless you need it bc of warrenty i'd go with something else

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Well you could definitly get out a hack saw.....take the coils off......and cut them......actually my friends brother wne to wyotech and while he was there they did that on his car but with a chop saw and made sure all the measurments were correct turned out great.....he has a mazda protege 5........its pretty cool..

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by Asio@Aug 31 2003, 08:39 PM
Well you could definitly get out a hack saw.....take the coils off......and cut them......actually my friends brother wne to wyotech and while he was there they did that on his car but with a chop saw and made sure all the measurments were correct turned out great.....he has a mazda protege 5........its pretty cool..
the rear springs wont fit right in the perches if you cut them, on a bimmer that is

1 - 11 of 11 Posts