BMW Werkz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that when I turn on my lights, the corners turn on. but they are really really dim, they get bright when it blinks, but otherwise they are dim??? I have seen pics with the corners bright......?

·
Registered
569 Posts
The corners do that because the bulb in them is a dual filament bulb. One stage of the bulb is the constant(dim), then the 2nd stage of the bulb is the bright part when the bulb flashes. Most times when you upgrade corners to something clear, the bulb shines brighter, especially on corners like mine(sonar) where the lens is completely clear and not opaque like the other lenses.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've put a piece of tape over one of the 2 contactors on the bulb so it only blinks no more dim or yellow running lights I don't know about you guy but I think is pretty cool look...... :rock

Attachments

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What would happen if I got a signal filament bulb?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by Asio@Nov 28 2003, 06:53 PM
What would happen if I got a signal filament bulb?
That's what I'm saying tape one of the two up turn the blinker on see if you taped the right one.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by Spetsnaz Op@Nov 28 2003, 07:01 PM
i think fog lights reduce visibility in NON-fog conditions
My HID fogs are brighter then my old stock lows and most of the cars on the road. Maybe because the way I fitted the D2S in the H1 socket about 1/2 inch back from the OEM H1 position.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am retrofitting H7's into my fog lights.

·
Registered
698 Posts
You can just cut the wire that makes the corner light run constantly instead of covering a filament.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I retrofitted 100W 9005's in my lowbeams.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Not a big fan of cutting wires. May need it later. Inspection!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by FNinjaP90@Nov 30 2003, 12:21 PM
I retrofitted 100W 9005's in my lowbeams.
I did that before dosn't last too long thou.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts