BMW Werkz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one more question, I have a 316i, E36, year 92, 105hp (origin). I have a twister air filter and I’ve gain a little bit of better performance, however nothing special. I thought I could change something on my ECU, but this requires plenty costs and few gains. Without this kind of changes how can I gain more hp? Muffler? Is there any way I can get to 140/150hp? Another question, can I assemble the computer that exists on the center console on 320i’s on my 316i? Thanks a lot! :banghead

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
eh, mufflers don't really do anything for performance, and redoing your entire exhaust doesn't help too much with everything else stock. I'm new to BMWs but from what I understand there is a lot of after market stuff out there for the engine, cams, lifters, headers ect. For most cars changing the headers can add a lot (30ish hp) to a stock engine. Then you just get more out of it as you continue to upgrade the engine. However, if your doing the header, you might as well do cams and pistons and things like that, unless you like taking apart you engine for fun. I've also been told that the engine in the 318i has more potential than the engine in the E36 (I believe) M3. So I know this doens't help much, but hopefully it will give you ideas for what to look for.

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by Portugal@Jan 13 2004, 05:45 PM
I have one more question, I have a 316i, E36, year 92, 105hp (origin). I have a twister air filter and I’ve gain a little bit of better performance, however nothing special. I thought I could change something on my ECU, but this requires plenty costs and few gains. Without this kind of changes how can I gain more hp? Muffler? Is there any way I can get to 140/150hp? Another question, can I assemble the computer that exists on the center console on 320i’s on my 316i? Thanks a lot! :banghead
you should do a euro m3 engine swap. 321bhp. always lik he said. exhuast and intake and chip dosent really do much

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
with the 1.6 your really not looking to gain much power from anything. To get upto 140-150 would be hard and expensive. 125 is much more reasonable HP goal. A chip, exhaust, CAI, headers, and pulleys would help and not break the bank too much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tanks a lot, maybe I try to by a 318is engine and replace it.It already has 140hp.Or maybe a 318is entire car.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts