BMW Werkz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1994 530i Wagon. I love the car, but the radio reception on the stock system is the most pathetic I have ever experienced. Is this a standard problem on these models? Are there any fixes? Does anyone have any recommendations for a new unit that is CD/MP3 capable? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Might wat to check the antenna leads on both ends to make sure they are connected. Outisde of that, maybe you might want tosonsider another unit?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Where do you live? Have you had this problem before? I mean if you are in Kansas I don't suppose there are many things that would block reception if you live in a valley surrounded by granite then that might cause a problem!? (Before anyone tries to bust on me,I'm originally from Kansas :thumbs )

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
My previous 1995 e34 radio worked fine, No reception problems, I even thought the sound was great! Live in NE Florida.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i have same probelm wiht my e46

i get bad reception i get better in my truck and lexus

wuts wrong

where the heck os the antenna on a e46

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Moving to Audio and Electronics

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got reception problems as well in my 1995 318i - just installed an Alpine 9813 head unit and new infinity speakers. REception, esp. AM is awful.

The Antenna is in the rear window. It has an amplifier in on the right rear panel above the speakers - remove the panel and there's the signal amplifier for the antenna. Make sure all leads are connected. This should help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, I've got an '84 528e and the reception sucks. In my car anyway, the problem is because the stock antenna wire that runs from the deck to the antenna is about as thick as a human hair. Some jerk busted my antenna and I had to sodder it....it's never been the same since :sick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts