BMW Werkz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a hard winter on my old 540 and I lost the hood emblem. Got a new one from a friend but no instructions for the two rubber grommets that came with the medallion. Anyone know how these are supposed to attache?

Thanks

·
Millions of them.
14,879 Posts
It has been a hard winter on my old 540 and I lost the hood emblem. Got a new one from a friend but no instructions for the two rubber grommets that came with the medallion. Anyone know how these are supposed to attache?

Thanks
Friction hold. Take a really thin, small flat head screwdriver and a soft cloth. Put the cloth next to the emblem on the hood and gently pry the emblem up (use the cloth under the screwdriver to prevent scratching/chipping the paint). When you get the emblem out, you'll see the two grommets in the hood ... again, pry those out, pop the two new grommets into the hood first (don't put them on the badge hoping you can get the whole thing in as one, probably wont work), and then just push the emblem on. All in all, it should take you less than 5 minutes, and that's including finding a cloth and a screwdriver.

Hope that helps.

ps. Procedure is the same for the trunk one if you ever need that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.