BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1987 325is and both the hood emblem and the trunk emblem are worn off. I've talked to the dealership and on top of their ridiculous hourly rate, the emblems and installation cost 60USD a piece. Can anyone tell me how I can replace the emblems without scratching my paint or denting my hood?

TIA

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Welcome sprog! B)

i just gently used a screw driver to pry them off on my car without hurting the paint, you dont need alot of force, just be gentle. i got both my roundels for under $10. and about grommets, bmw says u need them, but the roundels fit nice and snug without them plus i couldnt even get the emblem to fit with the grommets on so i just wasted my money cuz i had to destroy the grommets in order to take them off.

·
Registered
108 Posts
please... for the love of god... at least take some electrical tape & wrap it around the skrewdriver a time or two, just to make sure you don't scratch your paint... i bought my hood roudell while i was at the Bav Auto Show & Shine last year... like 13 bucks... didn't bother buying new grommets, the old ones were fine... just pry out nice & easy & stick the new one in... tah-dah :thumbs

i'm probably gonna get a trunk one too w/in the next couple months... it's starting to crack & flake a little bit.... but still in better shape than alot of others i've seen :blink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts