BMW Werkz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I've never owned a BMW but that might change within the next week.... I figure bimmer enthusiasts could help me with this more than standardized quoting web-sites.

How much would you guys/gals say a '97 318 i sedan with 160k miles, kinda dirty but no major cosmetic defects; the head gasket, radiator, and fans have all been replaced, and 4 brand new tires is worth from a private party?

The initial asking price is $3,500, but after doing research on kelly blue book, edmunds, e-bay, etc. this is fairly steep. And seeing as how I don't really know how much replacing the above-mentioned would actually increase the value (if at all), what would be a good price haggle down to?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're referring to the parts I mentioned that were replaced, the guy I'm buying from (also a relative) was a mechanic in the Navy and loves working on bmw's so i know all of that is legit. :whistleHopefully that answered your question

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow heh neeevermind, I just found out it's a 318ti and personally i've never really been too fond of hatchbacks.

But, to get back to the main topic of the forum section, My name is Craig and I'm happy to be here! :crackhead

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerwerkz.........:) You could probably pick up a 2.8 for that price......depending where you live.

jb :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts