BMW Werkz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone my name is Paul,Im 22 and was just handed down my grandparents 83 528e.Great condition,They bought it brand new off the showroom floor back in 83 in germany where my grandfather was stationed for military.Love having power everything,It is a auto but a great car for my newest little son and fiancee so just saying hi everyone hoping to learn lots of new information.

Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome i will get some pics first thing in the mourning and post them up,It has a faded paintjob original maroon color.Should be awesome to drive.I used to be into the honda scene but since my son has come its time to grow up and get away from the cars that make me look like a immature punk kid.

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Nice machine, welcome along.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Nice car, nice condition. How many miles on it? I like the looks of the e34 and e28. Very classic and timeless at the same time. Same with the e30. That is the way bmw's should look.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I believe it has 187,xxx original maybe a tad less,Well maintained my grandfather would take it to a local Bmw dealership and would have a tune up done regularly.Runs great,I like it as it will be a great family car for my fiance and son.Still learning all the little qwerks on this machine.Definitely glad to be apart of this community here and hope to learn alot along the way.By chance i was wondering what everyone is running for plugs??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to the Werks Paul! Your new car definitely has a cool history. I definitely would like to hear more about it. :welcome
Well i gave my grandparents a call last night and found a little more history,My grandparents did buy it back in 83 off showroom floor in GERMANY where they had it shipped over to the Oregon Coast where they had it equipped with everything for emissions over here and have had it ever since,It has 199,xxx original miles and has been well maintained ever since it was bought.There has only ben 2 owners for the entire car my gandparents and parents so its been a great family car and will be a great car for my family now,I do have a concern about the milage and how much longer i can expect it to last...Anyways feel free to comment...

Thanks
Paul

1 - 16 of 16 Posts