BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you seen the April Roundel magazine. One of the editorials refers to a friend in Afganistan that was perusing a cave and stumbled on a bunch of brand new Bimmers from the 70's (2002's and stuff) that were apparently hidden there when the Soviets came in. All had batteries and stuff removed as if for long term storage and all tires were flat. It looked like maybe the owner was the only one who knew thay were there and something happend to him that he couldn't come back. I know it sounds like an urban myth kind of thing but if you read the story in Roundel, it looks believable.

So you find anything at all interesting over there in IRAQ ?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
so who would get to keep the bimmers if that guy found them. That would be so cool to have a brand new bimmer from the 70's.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
oh hell ya...i would want a 3.0 csi...e21 320i turbo...2002 turbo fun little cars hehe

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, if you get Roundel, you would see they later had to bunker buster that mountain and while the cars are possibly alright inside there, the entrance is sealed. It was a good article. If I get time I'll type it up

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
i know someone that is sellin there 2002..the last yr wit the round tailights

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
i would love to have an old bmw. i like the 1970 gtr ones. 3.5L produces 400 hp. crazy :eek:

·
Registered
164 Posts
LOL no everything I have seen looks like the picture I attached, it is funny all the money from oil and since I have been here even when I was still in Kuwait You dont see that many lux. Auto's I know your gonna flip but nissan trucks and Chevy Caprice's seem to be the veh of choice for the general population!! I swear, we must have counted over a 100! just from the airport to out first camp in the Kuwaiti desert.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Originally posted by Balucanb@Apr 14 2003, 11:06 AM
LOL no everything I have seen looks like the picture I attached, it is funny all the money from oil and since I have been here even when I was still in Kuwait You dont see that many lux. Auto's I know your gonna flip but nissan trucks and Chevy Caprice's seem to be the veh of choice for the general population!! I swear, we must have counted over a 100! just from the airport to out first camp in the Kuwaiti desert.
haha, kick ass

1 - 8 of 8 Posts