BMW Werkz banner

Hesitation at Low Speeds

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  20ramper 
#1 ·
750 LI with about 31k miles. Only had car four months. I have noticed a hesitation around the 35 to 45 mile per hour range when taking foot off gas, for example, when coasting down a slight hill or coming to a traffic light stop. Also, the rpm dips to below 500 intermittently causing the car to shudder a little. Couple of questions. What is the normal idle rpm and is the hesitation normal. Thanks

#2 ·
Normal RPM in D is around the 500 mark, with A/C on 700, the hesitation is not normal, you havent specified your model ie: e32, e38, e65/66, F01 ??

#4 ·
Re the hesitation I discussed above, the culprits were the transmission and the induction system. The computer was updated and reprogrammed for the transmission and the induction system needs to be flushed. I haven't had the induction flush yet as I am trying to get an answer as to why this is not a maintenance-related service, which would be covered under BMW's 4 Year/50k miles warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.