·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I just bought a 325ic from a car lot recently
I lost me keys today in high grass & could not find it
My husband beat the ignition out & cut the wires going to it
We can get the accessory lights on & even get the car to turn over but it sounds weird & will not start
is there some other safety somewhere?
I have the police watching it for me for the night, at least I hope they do as it is not in the best part of town.
Can anyone help me please
Thanks

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
Hi
I just bought a 325ic from a car lot recently
I lost me keys today in high grass & could not find it
My husband beat the ignition out & cut the wires going to it
We can get the accessory lights on & even get the car to turn over but it sounds weird & will not start
is there some other safety somewhere?
I have the police watching it for me for the night, at least I hope they do as it is not in the best part of town.
Can anyone help me please
Thanks
BMW has a (EWS) Electronic Immobilization System.......the key is coded to the ignition switch, which is coded to the control module. If the the ignition switch is damaged, then the car goes into a starting inhibited mode......cutting off the ignition & fuel injection........this is used as a anti-theft/Drive away protection........

Why did he damaged the ignition switch.....:conf all you had to do, was go to your local BMW Dealership with your driver's license, vehicle registration, vin tag # & you could have purchased another key......now you going to have to get the car towed to the dealer & they are to have to install a new ignition switch & reprogram the EWS.........:(

jb

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.