BMW Werkz banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the 16X8 BBS style wheels from a 740 on my E36. I removed the center caps and while they look better, I want to put a cap on the center that will leave the lugs exposed. I can grind and refit the old covers and add a new sticker to the center cap but I am not sure how it will look. I polished part of one of the wheels and it came out very nice. The pics are before anything is done and after - what I want the wheels to look like- after some photoshop work. I have decided to polish the lips and paint the centers black. Has anyone else tried this? There are a bunch of options on E-bay for different size center caps but I don't know which would work best as the center is an odd design due to the way the OEM cover twists on. I like the look of the wheel without the OEM center. I want to do this the easiest way possible and still have a nice looking wheel. Recap: Can anyone recommend a cap that will basically just cover the wheel bearing and not look ridiculous? I have no aversion to grinding and reshaping the factory centers but I want a clean look. I am concerned that if I reshape the factory centers that it will stick out and look stupid. I will be changing the valve stems to aluminum or Stainless and covering the lugs with bolt covers in black. Any help is greatly appreciated. I tried to insert the pics here hosted on flickr but the page would not display the pics. I know the link to the pics works since I have accessed them on another computer. Let me know if there is a better way. I am here to learn.

Before:
Sytle 5 Before on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

After Photoshop:
style5 photoshopped on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts