BMW Werkz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should the light on the panel be on or off?? in other words, if i press the DSC button the light comes on. if i press it again, it goes off. which one is DSC activated and or de-activated??

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Light on is deactivated. Light off is activated. It activates by default when you turn the car on (no light).

S

·
0 Posts
in normal driving conditions the light will be off, if you loose tractiont he sign will flash...press it once, the light will light up, itll deactivate DSC. OR hold it down for 5 seconds to deactive ALL systems (dsc, corner brake control, dynamic brake control)

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@Jul 4 2003, 07:18 PM
in normal driving conditions the light will be off, if you loose tractiont he sign will flash...press it once, the light will light up, itll deactivate DSC. OR hold it down for 5 seconds to deactive ALL systems (dsc, corner brake control, dynamic brake control)
BULLSHIT...

Just hit your asc or dsc button once... :cya

·
Registered
4 Posts
To completely de-activate the electronic traction control systems in the new BMW's, you have to hold the button down for 5 seconds. Pushing it once just changes the threshold...the systems will still interfere. Holding it down for 5 seconds will completely disable it.

·
Registered
729 Posts
can someone tell me how to deactivate this shit so that i do not have to press the button each time i start the car ?

ideally, i'd like to re-wire/reprogram the switch so that dsc comes on when i press the button.

peter

p.s. the best dsc is my right foot. :devil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts