BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, hope you can help I have a e34 520 estate and the rear wiper keeps stopping working but if I open the boot and slam the boot closed 90% of the time the thing starts to work, all the lights and washer jets always work.

Any ideas what I can do to fix the prob as the back window heater has never worked, my thinking is that one of the wires going into the back screen must be broken but not sure were to start.

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Best thing to do is remove the rear door card and check all the connections to the motor and also check the harness that runs from the door to the body, you will probably have to undo some black tape, check for broken or chaffed wires and also the grounds.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just had a quick look and found a broken wire on the left had side, looks like a fat wire so put it back with a couple of spade's and no joy but when I was messing around on that side it started to work then stopped again, but the back screen has never worked so I may have fixed that but not sure, any help please please let me know what to check for the back wiper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.