BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new to the BMW world but i needed some help. My mechanic says I need new exhaust manifold gaskets and he says itll be 280 bucks. Does anyone know how much the gaskets are and if theyre hard to replace or should i jsut let the mechanic do it?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Inspect the bolts. If they look bad let the mechanic do it. I always did it myself on my TA. It was not a bad job. If you have to wreck the car to do it. "IE remove alot of other stuff" then 280.00 is not bad. Gaskets are generally inexpensive. If its done right it will pretty much hold forever, if not you can burn them out again quickly. There are some tricks to making this job less painless. I just went out in the garage and looked at my 04, it does not look to bad but it never does when everything is nice shiny and clean. If you nedd to decide you should let the mechanic do it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i dunno, i actually think it may be a fair price. i assume its an m3 and it isnt brand new if it needs gaskets, but i dunno if theres a bunch of shit in the way or not. ask a few other mechanics, see what prices they give you

·
Registered
434 Posts
The nuts are hard to get to, with the way the engine is slanted toward the strut tower. It'll take a while. I wouldn't do it without a lift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts