BMW Werkz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you read in the title, I have just bought a 325i. Although it has 160,000 miles on it, I could not pass it up. I am a "studying" mechanic (still in school - I'm only 18) and in the future I know I will be the only one to touch and fix this car. For now, I would appreciate some advice on what I should do to have this machine run strong without any defects.

Come one Come all...any suggestions?

94 325I

Attachments

• BMW
    47 KB Views: 70

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
well, I can be of some assistance to you.. Proper things that you will need to know about your 325i are, Anytime you buy a new, used car, you should always change the oil and do a full tune up. i.e. spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, check your brake pads to make sure they are good, check all fluid levels. Other things with the E36 BMW's you want to know are the typical commonly known problems associated with all E36 3 series, which can be found here http://www.bmw-forums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=681 just make sure you keep your oil changed every 6,000 if it's synthetic, change your filter every 3,000 miles, and maintain a burnout status of 1 burnout for every 10 stop signs.

·
Registered
345 Posts
and maintain a burnout status of 1 burnout for every 10 stop signs
Lol :D
I know what you mean also some garages will charge you big amounts of $$$ for small things.
I would also like to learn about my car so I can repair it myself (Only minor problems)

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
personally, I would work on changing those rims.....

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
motion has been moved and seconded, all in favor say aye.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
aye

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
All opposed, say nay.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
In the opinion of the chair, the ayes have it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts