BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, is there anyway to unlock my car? I was out with some friends and I deadbolted my car ( turned the key to -- postition ) and now it will not unlock. The key will turn to the | postition but won't go any further. Can any lock smith open it or will I have to get BMW to do it? :help :help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by Euro_325@Oct 8 2003, 12:59 AM
Ok, is there anyway to unlock my car? I was out with some friends and I deadbolted my car ( turned the key to -- postition ) and now it will not unlock. The key will turn to the | postition but won't go any further. Can any lock smith open it or will I have to get BMW to do it? :help :help
you tried it in all the locks? ... i bought a replacement lock and brought it to a locksmith to set the tumblers (along with my key)... somehow he was able to cut a new key for it as my key was worn out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I know, since it was dead bolted from the drivers side you can only un dead bolt it from the drivers side. The passenger side won't unlock the door and it can not be dead bolted from the passenger side even if it was unlocked.

I have a lock smith trying to get to it, but he can't do anything since I can't be there. My ass of a boss (really pissed at my job right now) won't let me have a short day to meet him.

·
Registered
108 Posts
try unlocking from the trunk?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The key doesnt match the trunk. Deadbolting was the only way to lock everything. (only locked it that way cause i have a new system installed)

But I had a lock smith out and he was able to force the lock open. Now I just have to remove the lock for that door and see if he can repair it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does your vehicle come equiped with a central locking system? If so unlocking the trunk (regardless of it being the same key) will unlock all the doors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts