BMW Werkz banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
i hope everybody is doin ok, survivin, livin life the good stuff.anyway i am thinkin of sellin my truck so i can turn around and buy a BMW.now i know that for sure i want a 3 series.but which to choose????so many models.i want a 2 door. and i would also like them in the 1996 to 2000 range.any ideas?info will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
133 Posts
bow said:
hey guys,
i hope everybody is doin ok, survivin, livin life the good stuff.anyway i am thinkin of sellin my truck so i can turn around and buy a BMW.now i know that for sure i want a 3 series.but which to choose????so many models.i want a 2 door. and i would also like them in the 1996 to 2000 range.any ideas?info will be greatly appreciated!
How much you got, get m3 if you can afford it, if not get a 330 ci. Is that any help.B) wish i could afford an m3 , maybe oneday.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats more help than ive got in the past!lol.my trucks a 5speed 98 nissan frontier................i really want a 3 series our family has a 98 740il that i mess with all the time.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that more help than ive got in the past!lol i have a 98 5speed nissan frontier that i wanna sell and get a 3 series. i have a bloody passion for BMW's i mess w/ our familys 740il all the time

·
Registered
133 Posts
bow said:
thats more help than ive got in the past!lol.my trucks a 5speed 98 nissan frontier................i really want a 3 series our family has a 98 740il that i mess with all the time.
lol, probably more help than iv'e given before, so feel blessed, lol,.... you didn't say which 1 you might go for?

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
The E36 is the chassis used on the 1992-1999 (coupes and convertibles only in 1999) 3 Series.

The E46 is from 1999 (sedans only) - 2006 (coupes and convertibles only in 2006).

I have a 1996 328i sedan which has provided me with plenty of enjoyable power and torque. There are many cars out there that are faster or even handle better, but this was an upgrade from what I had before, so I am happy.

A few things will affetct your decision. Among the most important, in my opinion, are desire to modify and budget.

How much are you willing to spend just to buy the car?
Are you mechanically oriented (paying a mechanic/dealer to repainrs on a BMW gets pricey really quick)?
Are you planning to heavily modify? pre-1996 are better for this, snice the engine-managemnet system is less restrictive.

Give us as much info as possible and we shall be able to help out.

- Daniel

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well first i want a coupe.if its cheaper heck ill take a sedan. but i know a guy really well that usually works on our bimmer he only works on bmw's and mercedes. i am willin to pay 6 grand.do i need to be willing to pay more?over the years i want to modify it......muffler,engine performance,rims,tires, maybe even a turbo.i just want a nice car that i can do most of the work myself on that will last me for a while.and i can race and have fun in to.i study up and work on imports, BMW, VW, NISSAN.mostly bmw because thier so amazing!

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Well, when it comes down to it, it is what you want. And drz said, the e36 is a more easily modifiable (cash wise) platform. Simply a choice of styling in my opinion, allthough i am sure the e36/46 thumpers will scream difference at every turn. Look at the reviews of each vehicle, and if possibble test drive each.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts