BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am clueless. Do I need to remove the bumper? Where do I begin?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
It didn't come with installation instructions? Did you buy it new or used?

I'm guessing here, but - pull the airbox first (shouldn't need to pull bumper at this point), connect CAI tube to intake manifold, clip down (or whatever) and go. Again, I'm guessing andmaking this up as I have never done one of thse on a BMW.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Send it to me and you wont have to worry about a thing :p

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
i assume you took off your stock air box? if you have done that, then take the filter off and slide the intake tube down the opening, (your bottom end should be just left (or towards the passenger side) of the foglight, now jack the car up a bit and take off the drivers side of panel (the same one you use to access the foglights . take the foglight out so you can see better and access a screwdriver to clamp the filter onto the intake tube. place the filter on via the bottom and screw the clamp down, install foglight and ta-da

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Furious@Aug 11 2003, 05:52 PM
i assume you took off your stock air box? if you have done that, then take the filter off and slide the intake tube down the opening, (your bottom end should be just left (or towards the passenger side) of the foglight, now jack the car up a bit and take off the drivers side of panel (the same one you use to access the foglights . take the foglight out so you can see better and access a screwdriver to clamp the filter onto the intake tube. place the filter on via the bottom and screw the clamp down, install foglight and ta-da
There is a full DIY at www.e46fanatics.com (under tech section), and yes, it does require removal of the front bumper! :thumbs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts