BMW Werkz banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks for the pic post. Know of where I can get my hands on the upgraded back tailights (good ones)?

:help SLVR E39, where is your hidden garage door opener?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jlevi,
I have a 2000 528i which definitely needs new headlights, and I have decided to upgrade to HID when i replace them. I am willing to pay extra for OEM, but I am considering the product you sell, and I have a few questions:

Your lights come with D2S "Equivalent" bulbs... are your lights true HID (like the OEM xenons) of just special bulbs which mimic the effect of HID?

Also, what kind of bulbs are in the lights (because I have heard from many sources that Philips and Sylvania are the only brands to consider), and which color temperature (K) looks most like the OEM xenons?

Thanks

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Originally posted by brerbear069@May 26 2005, 03:06 PM
Jlevi,
I have a 2000 528i which definitely needs new headlights, and I have decided to upgrade to HID when i replace them. I am willing to pay extra for OEM, but I am considering the product you sell, and I have a few questions:

Your lights come with D2S "Equivalent" bulbs... are your lights true HID (like the OEM xenons) of just special bulbs which mimic the effect of HID?

Also, what kind of bulbs are in the lights (because I have heard from many sources that Philips and Sylvania are the only brands to consider), and which color temperature (K) looks most like the OEM xenons?

Thanks
[snapback]348166[/snapback]​
I may have a solution for you...
I have an OEM headlight that I did for fun, it has our latest demon eyes in there. I have to buy another to complete the set. They won't be cheap, but they are OEM fit and finish.

We put rebased HID bulbs in our kits. What does that mean? It means we take a set of projector headlights with an H7 base in it, and put in an HID system that is adapted to the H7 base. The result is a true HID headlight which costs much, much less. So, in short, we put in true HIDs. We sell and fully back our lineup of ProLumen HID systems. They cost half as much as a Philips system (usually $500-$600), and are a great bang for the buck in terms of quality. All ProLumen HID systems come with a 1 year warranty.

If you are interested in the OEM headlights with HIDs inside of them, email me. I would be happy to build the other one for you.

Thanks
JL

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Originally posted by wlin@Jun 12 2005, 01:17 PM
just ordered projector39 w/ xenons from jlevi. will let u guys know how it went later!
[snapback]352950[/snapback]​

Hope the email I sent you helps with wiring. I will check with my supplier tomorrow about the AC tube.
Thanks
JL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by jlevi+Jun 12 2005, 03:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jlevi @ Jun 12 2005, 03:22 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-wlin@Jun 12 2005, 01:17 PM
just ordered projector39 w/ xenons from jlevi. will let u guys know how it went later!
[snapback]352950[/snapback]​

Hope the email I sent you helps with wiring. I will check with my supplier tomorrow about the AC tube.
Thanks
JL
[snapback]352970[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Overall excellent quality; only a tiny extrusion at the side near the corner lens. Xenons have whitish color w/ excellent visibility; however the DDE was not plug and play... still have to tap in the parking wire and draw power form the battery terminal later... but here're some pics:

here's how I mounted the prolumen xenon box on driver's side:

didn't even tape the ignotor and the other xenon ballast down; just stuffed them under and between stock wires and spaces... seems to be alright:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by Slvr e39@Jun 19 2005, 02:05 AM
Good work Wlin
[snapback]354941[/snapback]​
Thanks Slvr e39... hey, were you driving on Jamboree in Irvine heading north this Thursday (or someday last week)? I THINK I saw your car... (silver e39 w/ "very whitish" angel eyes); also, how did u get your rings to light up? (if u could take a few pics of your engine bay near the headlight that'd be great) Thanks a lot in advance :bow2

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Will,
I just wanted to thank you publicly (hope I don't embarrass you) for your patience and courtesy throughout the entire install process. I actually learned a LOT from what you told me - things I haven't encountered during the installs I've done. I really apreciate all your dedication to the project, and I'm glad you are as pleased with the outcome as I am!
We aren't done yet, but it looks like the end is near.

By the way, did you ever have to bend that pipe?
JL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by jlevi@Jun 21 2005, 01:20 AM
Will,
I just wanted to thank you publicly (hope I don't embarrass you) for your patience and courtesy throughout the entire install process. I actually learned a LOT from what you told me - things I haven't encountered during the installs I've done. I really apreciate all your dedication to the project, and I'm glad you are as pleased with the outcome as I am!
We aren't done yet, but it looks like the end is near.

By the way, did you ever have to bend that pipe?
JL
[snapback]355454[/snapback]​
haha, np; you were being very professional and responsive too. Argh, the only thing I wanted tho is the plug and play of the DDE rings... I ordered some parts in my BMW dealer (the y-harness splitter) and hopefully it'll plug into the slot in the middle of the headlight so I dont have to disassemble the DDE plug...
I didn't have to bend the pipe since the stock angel eyes has the xenon box mounted ONTO the headlight... since I can place the xenon box and ignitor box not right behind the headlights, I didn't have to bend the pipe :thumbs anyhow, now the only thing left is to buy the vampire tap and powerup the DDE rings!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Nice talking to you on the phone today - I think we definately made some progress.
Make sure to keep me updated :)
JL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by jlevi@Jun 23 2005, 09:02 PM
Nice talking to you on the phone today - I think we definately made some progress.
Make sure to keep me updated :)
JL
[snapback]356508[/snapback]​
LONG process... but finally done. since they didn't have the correct vampire tap i had to buy a normal tap and strip the trigger wire and attach it to another larger wire to tap into the parking lamp, which i found out finally with a voltmeter (constant 12V signal when parking light is turned on) that blue/white is the parking wire instead of blue/brown or brown. then i cutted the blue/black wire that connected to the DDE plug and re-attached them to red/brown wires from the power source... the plastic of the battery terminal was broken (prob have to replace them soon) and i had to stick the power wire under the terminal... took almost 2.5 hrs but finally worked... still need to figure out how to get the remote wire into the cabin...

·
Registered
9,482 Posts
Jlevi,

I own a 1989 BMW e34 525i. I have projector lenses.

I want to upgrade to these HiD's http://jlevistreetwerks.com/OSCOMMERCE/pro...bd0e5e56fb13dbb

What exactly is involved in the process of installing these? I absolutely do not want to open up my headlights, nor have to pull out too many components to install these lights. How simple is it? Is itjust placing some units inbewteen the stock wiring and headlamp?

Thanks

Eric

·
Registered
9 Posts
Please help... where do i stuff the remote wire into the cabin so I can actually tap into the courtesey light for remote on? I can't find ANY place from the engine compartment that I can stuff the wire through. The ECU box is NOT under the passenger's nor the driver's side in-cabin filter... Is there ANY other places that I can put the wire through from the engine to the cabin?? Which courtesy light should I tap?? thanks... :thud

edt: it is almost impossible to tap any of the courtesy lights because the courtesy lights are ON THE BOTTOM of the DOOR instead of ON THE FOOTWELLs, unless there is a way to sneak the wires inside the door... maybe i should just ask jlevi for a refund...

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Eric,
I believe on the E34 they should just plug right in. Carefully put the bulb in the housing (after testing it of course), then plug the bulb into the ignitor, the ignitor into the ballast, and the ballast into the car's OEM wiring (it's all fool proof, you can only plug things in to their respective plugs), and then fire them up :)

Will,
On the E39 I did, we fished it through the glove compartment. He didn't have footwell lights, so I ran the wire up the A-pillar and to the dome light. I'm fairly certain, though, that your car will have footwell lights.
Thanks
JL

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I believe these only come with the OEM look (halogen yellow) angel eyes, but that's definately an improvement. They also have HIDs if you select that option :)

Projector34 Headlights

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have USA projectors, would it be best to switch to European projectors before installing a conversion to HID? I hear that conversions often cause the LKM to trip the Low Beam Bulb failure dash warning. Can this be overcome? Are angel eyes possible on E34's? How do they look?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
If you want to just do HID, we have a package for $260 that will convert you to HID. It will trip a lowbeam failure but you can get that either flashed at the dealership or fixed by pulling one of the fuses in your fusebox.

If you want angel eyes, too, you should check out our complete package here:
http://jlevistreetwerks.com/OSCOMMERCE/pro...4b1cb5fb1e3a155
The angel eyes are OEM colored I believe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If I purchased the projector36 for my e34 do these upgrade to the H1 bulbs like I have seen in other kits?

Can my car be wired for different options to turn angel eyes on all the time/ only when parking lights are on/ ? etc...

21 - 40 of 87 Posts