BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We at Jlevi StreetWerks realize that you as a customer are bombarded every single day with advertisements, slogans, and gimicks. Ironically, these gimicks result in customer confusion, which ultimately scares customers away from lighting upgrades all together. As vendors here, we feel responsible to educate you all on our products - an informed consumer is a consumer who makes wise and worthwhile purchases, regardless of whether or not they are with us! Please read and post your questions or comments!

When upgrading your lighting on the 5 series, you have 3 real options, here they are, in order of cost/benefit.

1) Add Demon Eyes to your halogen lights.



This option will run you about $90 these days, and will give you the option to add "xenon color" demon eyes, or DDEs, to your lights as accessories. They are fairly easy to install, but will not upgrade light output, and will make your headlights look yellow in comparison. You could always put an HID conversion kit ($335) in there, but that will scatter light all over...

2) Buy the OEM Hella Headlights with Xenon and Angel Eyes



This is the expensive route. You get the orange side reflectors, whether you like it or not. You will get the dim OEM angel eyes and the 4300K (yellow-looking) low beams. These put out more visible light (5%), but are not as visually attractive. They will have the orange blinkers, and basically be what you see on other cars. How boring. They will run you up to $1200 from my understanding.

3) Buy our Projector39 Headlight Upgrade Package



This is the "cool" feature in my honest opinion. Why?
You get Daylight Demon Eyes that are xenon color (6000K), and 3 times brighter than OEM. Yes, DAYLIGHT Demon Eyes. Not "only sexy at dusk" eyes ;)
They are integrated into the light for the "OEM" look, with notched covers, just like OEM angel eyes - only better. They will outlive the car - no bulbs to replace.
These headlights start out at $449, without HID
You can get 5000K or 6000K HIDs ($300 option, you save $35 by buying them all at once), which have a very white (or blue purple, for 6000K) color - much more visually appealing
You get CLEAR CORNERS :) Very Sexy
You get a free remote activation kit for the demon eyes... what's that? Right Click here and Save As for Video


The wrong answer: HID-Look bulbs. There is no substitute for real HIDs. Many of these bulbs use a blue coating which actually decreases the light output and the bulb life. The "brighter" ones use 80W, which is stressful on your car's wiring, and which doesn't last.

Why Should I pay $300 for HIDs?
HIDs offer many very important features:
-10-20x the life of a halogen bulb
-3x the output of a halogen bulb
-Decreased eye fatigue
-Reduced power consumption and heat (35W)
-Enhanced aesthetic appeal of the car
-Lifetime investment


vs.




If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them here for the benefit of your fellow members. If you have personal inquiries, you're welcome to email us :)
I hope you've found this mini-guide informative and helpful! :driving


Jon Levi
Owner/Operator
Jlevi StreetWerks


NOTE: For a more complete explanation of lighting technologies, please visit our More comprehensive article
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Slvr e39@Jan 25 2005, 08:24 PM
awsome like usual jlevi
[snapback]279271[/snapback]​

Thanks Chad - Your car is looking great!
Hmm... This is Pinned, huh... I worry. Nobody reads the "pinned" topics. Could we give it a chance to bounce around a bit before we pin it, so more people can benefit from it? :dunno:

JL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
what I'd like to know is if 100w H1 bulbs can be fitted to eith/both dip and main at a cost of £4.50 from Halfords?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Furious@Jan 26 2005, 12:41 PM
good thread, ill pin it.
[snapback]279657[/snapback]​

:cry but nobody reads the pinned threads :(

To answer the other gentleman's question - why would you want to draw 100W of power from your wiring - it's designed to handle 35W to 55W depending on the bulb type and use... :confused

Why not purchase HIDs, which use 35W, and will be brighter than anything else :devil
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
jlevi,

I have a few questions. Will the full projector set fit a 2002 525i?

My current setup:
rock-pitted lenses
halogen angle-eyes

Would like to have:
shiney clear lenses
brighter headlamps w/ matching DDE

on the E39 in your post, are those 6000k HIDs?
what is the best way to match the fog lights?

Thanks for the time

D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Jevi,

What is the difference between the stock LED angel eyes on a 540i and the DDE?

Can the high beam bulbs on a factory 540i be switched to HIDs or must you change the projector?

I believe that I have factory xenon with LED angel eyes.

I would like to change the fogs to HID, clear corners, white indicator bulbs and white side indicator bulbs. Also, if possible change the high beams to HIDs also. What do I need to do this?


Thanks for the info

Paul

Originally posted by dalowery@Jan 29 2005, 11:35 PM


jlevi,

I have a few questions. Will the full projector set fit a 2002 525i?

My current setup:
rock-pitted lenses
halogen angle-eyes

Would like to have:
shiney clear lenses
brighter headlamps w/ matching DDE

on the E39 in your post, are those 6000k HIDs?
what is the best way to match the fog lights?

Thanks for the time

D
[snapback]282178[/snapback]​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry guys, I forgot to check this forum :(

Yes, those are 6000K.
The best way to match HIDs? Get another set of HIDs! HID fogs run $325 shipped, and will match up perfectly.

BMW uses fiberoptics with halogen bulbs, not LEDs, for their angel eye setups.
Our DDE Kits are 3x brighter, a nicer color (opinion), and last about 5 times longer.
I'd advise against highbeam HIDs - flicking HIDs on & off will damage them severely, and you tend to do that with your highbeams.
For corners, I need to get the 3157 LEDs in stock... those will be gorgeus.
For fogs, like I said - $325 :)
JL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by BeelZibub@Feb 25 2005, 02:54 AM
No.2 is the ONLY option in MHO - Stick with the best.
[snapback]299035[/snapback]​
A closedminded opinion, but not a rare one.
Many people have heard horror stories of aftermarket parts. Even our own supplier was once synonomous with misfitting parts. Luckily, they have put that chapter behind them and developed a much higher standard of quality and fitment. We fully back our products, and would never offer anything that we didn't see as a high quality aftermarket option.
JL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
I used to have a '92 525i and just bought a 1997 528i. I don't know if it already has the angle eyes around the headlamps. If i don't have them will i have to do a lot of extra wiring or is this a completly plug-n-play kit.


Any help is good help
thanx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by 528iguy@Mar 23 2005, 10:04 AM
I used to have a '92 525i and just bought a 1997 528i. I don't know if it already has the angle eyes around the headlamps. If i don't have them will i have to do a lot of extra wiring or is this a completly plug-n-play kit.


Any help is good help
thanx
[snapback]317113[/snapback]​
There is a little wiring involved for safety, but the kit is fairly easy to wire up.
We have instructions we can offer you that will be of much assistance :)
JL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Originally posted by jlevi+Apr 11 2005, 11:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jlevi @ Apr 11 2005, 11:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-528iguy@Mar 23 2005, 10:04 AM
I used to have a '92 525i and just bought a 1997 528i. I don't know if it already has the angle eyes around the headlamps. If i don't have them will i have to do a lot of extra wiring or is this a completly plug-n-play kit.


Any help is good help
  thanx
[snapback]317113[/snapback]​
There is a little wiring involved for safety, but the kit is fairly easy to wire up.
We have instructions we can offer you that will be of much assistance :)
JL
[snapback]330533[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]Anybody now of a place in New Jersey where I could have the installation of these headlights done on my car? I have a 1997 528i and really like these headlights. Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've got some great installers in CT and NY - if you post around I'm sure you could find one in NJ though :)
JL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Simon Allen+May 7 2005, 01:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Simon Allen @ May 7 2005, 01:55 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jlevi@May 7 2005, 01:01 AM
Why buy OEM when ours are 3x brighter and whiter... and cost half what yours cost...? :)
[snapback]341742[/snapback]​
Is the answer because of the quality! and they will fall to bits in months and get condensation and mist up within weeks! Not that I am an expert and used to sell them or anything!!

They look good but like I say I used to sell them as they were very much cheaper than oem but the complaints I had was best for me to just stop! :wink
[snapback]341775[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]


:lmao2 :lmao2 :lmao2

#1 I doubt you sell the same product as I...

#2 ours will last longer than OEM. Why? OEM have a filament and a bulb that requires replacement. Ours do not.

#3 maybe if you had customer support and reputability, to stand behind your products and help people install it, they wouldn't have problems

#4 if you want to talk about condensation, then why not put them in your OEM headlights? Yeah, we do that, too.

I suggest next time before advertising openly on this forum, you
a) Pay for sponsorship, like the rest of us.
B) Make your own threads.

Thanks!
JL

P.S. See attached - yes, those are OEM E39 Headlights, which formerly had Fiberoptics. Contact me for more info.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
:bimmer

Hey Jon,

On the Projector39 Headlight guide post #3 Buy our Projector39 Headlight Upgrade Package option, you mentioned that with the package "You get a free remote activation kit for the demon eyes".

1.) When I went to the website to order I selected the Projector39 Headlights w/ DDE and added the HID option as well, then at checkout it shows the projectors/dde + the HID kit, BUT no free remote activation kit listed as well ?....so I have postponed my order for right now.

2.) Are the projectors that you ship out the same exact ones as the 2nd pic in the post? meaning housing is going to be black not chrome or silver, wouldnt want it if its anything but black.

3.) This is a stupid question, but if and when you get a chance can you please post a pic of the upgraded projectors with headlights turned off only the DDE on? I see the first pic on the page are (assuming) stock headlamps with the DDE add-on/headlights off. Second Pic has the upgraded projectors with DDE on as well as the headlights. My question is this, when you start the car the DDE is off? until you switch to the parking lamps only or headlights on mode? or are they auto-on when your start your car without turning the switch at all? Kinda confused if you could please help me out...

I Know this might have been a lot to read, but it might help out future buyers as well.

Thanks,
-Amit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by amitpatel@May 25 2005, 03:20 PM
:bimmer

Hey Jon,

On the Projector39 Headlight guide post #3 Buy our Projector39 Headlight Upgrade Package option, you mentioned that with the package "You get a free remote activation kit for the demon eyes".

1.) When I went to the website to order I selected the Projector39 Headlights w/ DDE and added the HID option as well, then at checkout it shows the projectors/dde + the HID kit, BUT no free remote activation kit listed as well ?....so I have postponed my order for right now.

2.) Are the projectors that you ship out the same exact ones as the 2nd pic in the post? meaning housing is going to be black not chrome or silver, wouldnt want it if its anything but black.

3.) This is a stupid question, but if and when you get a chance can you please post a pic of the upgraded projectors with headlights turned off only the DDE on? I see the first pic on the page are (assuming) stock headlamps with the DDE add-on/headlights off. Second Pic has the upgraded projectors with DDE on as well as the headlights. My question is this, when you start the car the DDE is off? until you switch to the parking lamps only or headlights on mode? or are they auto-on when your start your car without turning the switch at all? Kinda confused if you could please help me out...

I Know this might have been a lot to read, but it might help out future buyers as well.

Thanks,
-Amit
[snapback]347832[/snapback]​

Amit,
1) It doesn't show in the order total, but it is considered part of the P39 package.
2)They are the exact headlights pictured in the LAST pic. The 2nd is the OEM version.
3)They can be wired to be on whenever the key is on, or with the 5 series it's also easy to wire them to be on when the parking lights are on. You can really do a lot of cool wiring tricks witht he provided wiring harness :)

Thanks
JL
 
1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Top