BMW Werkz banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
BMWERKEN said:
Looks great, we do have Predator Xenix bulbs which will accomplish the same effect for $15 less :)
Sweet. Give me the link and I'll give 'em a try next time...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great article. I was thinking of adding angel eyes to my 328Ci but sold it last week to my cousin. Can you fit them to a 330CiA///M Sport, (the face lift model) with factory fit Xenons?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Upgrade to metalic headlight housing!

Okay guys, check out the improvement. Here's what I did:

1) Stopped at Kragen Auto parts on my way home from work today. Purchased one 6 oz can of "Metalic Silver" car spray paint.

2) Removed the healight bezel insert (very easy, just unsnaps after you take of the lens and corner light housing).

3) Applied 4 thin coats (so as to avoid dripping and running) of the metalic silver paint. Used a heat gun between each coat to dry faster.

4) Put everything back together. The final product looks at least as good as the titanium inserts that sell for $80.00 plus shipping on Bimmerwerks (maybe better, because there's no extra plastic in there.)

Total time: 1 1/2 hours.

Total cost: $5.40.

You tell me what you think......(just can't wait for the clear corners that I just ordered!)

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thank you mods!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey..
you all seem to be very knowledgeable about these Xeon Headlight.. wel.. i have a 2003 325i.. and I want to purchase Xeon Head Lights.. with Angle Eye.. can some one please help me pick out the right one for my car.. and with the angle eye..and i would like Blue for the color of the Lights it self...
thanks for everything..

·
Registered
2 Posts
what can I do with my 2007 328i sedan? i would like to upgrade my headlights- not for looks tho, I want improved visibility! I am assuming that the Xenon upgrade is factory and not dealer...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys i need help on how i can wire my new CCFL angel eyes. i have a 2003 m3 coupe with xenon projector headlights. I ordered this set of angels eyes and im suppose to hook it up to my running daylight plug. problem is i dont have a running daylight at all and i dont see a plug for it. is there any other way i can hook this up as a running daylight or can it only be hooked up to an aftermarket ignition wire? any advice would be great. thanks in advance.

·
Sodium Chloride
3,762 Posts
RavenwulfeM3 said:
Hi guys i need help on how i can wire my new CCFL angel eyes. i have a 2003 m3 coupe with xenon projector headlights. I ordered this set of angels eyes and im suppose to hook it up to my running daylight plug. problem is i dont have a running daylight at all and i dont see a plug for it. is there any other way i can hook this up as a running daylight or can it only be hooked up to an aftermarket ignition wire? any advice would be great. thanks in advance.
you can wire it to your corner lights... so they turn on only when you turn on your head lights?

·
Registered
6 Posts
HID kit question?

Hello guy I am new to this forum and BMW. I just bought a 2005 325ci with prem. pack. The car has projector lights but no xenons. I want to put xenons and I was wondering what shoud I do and where should I go to buy them. Also is there a way to get a step by step instalation? Thanks a lot guys.:)

·
Sodium Chloride
3,762 Posts
Hello guy I am new to this forum and BMW. I just bought a 2005 325ci with prem. pack. The car has projector lights but no xenons. I want to put xenons and I was wondering what shoud I do and where should I go to buy them. Also is there a way to get a step by step instalation? Thanks a lot guys.:)
http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/sharphid/all-hid-xenon-kits-receiving-free-55256.html

PM sharp hid. They are our local vendor for hid kits and should beable to help you with any question you have about xenons...

·
Sodium Chloride
3,762 Posts
yeah i thought of that , but i wanted the angels eyes to be on all the time without the headlight being on. is that possible?
it is possible. You would probibly have to run some wires however. And i'm not sure how worth it, it would be. You could run leads to a DRL module which would turn on your angel eyes anytime you have the car on, or you could run them to a switch that you would have to install inside the car and flip them on yourself everytime you got into your car... All in all you would need to make sure you dont overload the eyes or else you will burn them out, use resisters and such and control how much juice is getting pumped into them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I do not want the angel eyes. I just want to put HID- xenon headlights. My 325ci has already the projector lights, so I guess that I only need the HID bulb and the ballasts?
Is this true? Can anyone help me?
Thank you.

·
Sodium Chloride
3,762 Posts
I do not want the angel eyes. I just want to put HID- xenon headlights. My 325ci has already the projector lights, so I guess that I only need the HID bulb and the ballasts?
Is this true? Can anyone help me?
Thank you.
read a couple posts up... the one which i replied to you with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, guys. I have a BMW 328Ci 2000. I ve been looking everywhere for angel eyes. My car doesnt come standard with em. My biggest question is; the ebay angel eyes. R they for real? Or just a scam? And how do i install em?? Ive heard some weird stories on installation! Thanks.

·
Im Bluffin With My Muffin
5,992 Posts
I have them they work really good! i have a CCFL's you have to take your headlight housings out and open them up put the rings in and put them back together wire them up and boom you got angles!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have stock HID;s in my E46 and I upgraded the fog lighting in the car it was really easy the are placed online where you can get a conversion kit for your lights (high, low, fog) I went to myhotbmw.com and got a conversion kit for around $220...

21 - 40 of 56 Posts