BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wasup, this is my first time on the forums i just recently purchased a 1996 bmw 318i and it's not as quick as i thought it would be any recomendation on how i can improve it's performence?

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
how much money are you looking to spend and how much of a performance increase do you want?

Excluding Ms, BMWs are not known for their speed, but rather their agility and quality.

·
Registered
393 Posts
upgrades i would do first off - ECU chip, Exhaust, Air filter

·
Registered
101 Posts
If your budget allows, then you can go for turbocharging or supercharging it..

Mosselman turbo is not bad for the 318i.. i've tested one and the power delivery is instant and quite impressive.. and that was on a slush box..

·
Registered
95 Posts
I personally don't recommend moding up a car with a weak base engine. in your case if you plan on spending a great deal on aftermarket parts I would suggest getting a forced induction kit ie turbocharger, supercharger as they would make the most out of your money for performance. again it would make the lifespan of your engine shorter as they put enormous amounts of stress on it because of the fact that engines with forced inductions operate at a much higher temp than a normally aspirated engine... but then again, thats your car not mine... :devil

:confused :confused :confused save your money :thumbs sell your car :cry buy an ///M3 :rock :rock :rock

1 - 6 of 6 Posts