BMW Werkz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to adjust the height of the headlight beam on a 99 323i?

Mine don't illuminate far enough out. Makes it hard to see what's coming when you are doing 120 mph! :joking:

Thanks in advance.

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
bezor you did a write up on this on the planet back when.
i cant find my write up , if you still remember do you mind doing the honours?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, Non-Zenon.

I figured out HOW to adjust them... 1'' dial between the two lights on the back side, counter-clockwise to raise... The Passenger side is a little tough to get your hand on, but doable.

The question now is, what is the proper height "on the wall"? (or whatever the method of choice is...)

Thanks again

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you use a long hex tool they are easy to turn. I adjust them to the road.
Wall height is variable to car height. that can be effected by tire size/wear/wheels/springs/settling in bushings/things in trunk.
If you do use the wall start by setting both sides to the same height and straight ahead. Then drive the car.
It works for me on any car.
greg

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
from what i recall there should be an adjustment knob on the back of the assembly, you park facing a wall and then you can adjusting the headlights up or down, the wall is there to even them out properly, you should have to do this with autoleveling lights but to be honest i dont remember if they have that knob

·
Registered
157 Posts
Originally posted by Riceboy@Dec 19 2003, 02:38 PM
If you use a long hex tool they are easy to turn. I adjust them to the road.
Wall height is variable to car height. that can be effected by tire size/wear/wheels/springs/settling in bushings/things in trunk.
If you do use the wall start by setting both sides to the same height and straight ahead. Then drive the car.
It works for me on any car.
greg
You can do it that way.

I don't have the specs for the vertical distance from the floor to center line of the light. There is also a fixed distance from the wall you are aiming at to the car which I don't have. Not being very helpful am I?

And if your car is lowered, as already mentioned, that will certainly effect your headlight aim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts