BMW Werkz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!!! as i am typing this, i am in the middle of installing a Short Ram Intake...

i pretty much have it done, excpet there 2 little metal strips left.... apparently they are some type of brackets??

but i have no idea where to put them, or how to install them, im figuring they hold up that metal air until this(air mass flow i think its called)

but i do not know what to do!
im sitting by the computer until someone answers, b/c im clueless!

thanks guys,

Immediate Help is Greatly Appreciated!!!!

JR :banghead

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
two flat metal bracket types of thinggys? well one i used to extend the mount for the upper horn , the other ones i just put aside, you will not need them

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
:hitwithrock

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
oh how cute brothers haha, how old are you? and do you drive a bmw just like your brother? But yeah about the brakets dont worry about it if you dont use them! Its not a huge deal! But love the attitude you have "sitting by the computer" so you dont mess anything up! thats awesome! but yeah dont worry about it to much, if your intake is working right and is all set up right!

David

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
he's 17. He had a 318ti but it was a POS. Now he has a Jeep.

As for the brakets, I leave you with this thought:

"If you dont have parts left over, then its not installed right."

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
oh, yeah im not really a fan of the TIs but thats just me! but hopefully he gets another bimmer soon! that would be cool! and i like your little quote thing about installation!

David

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HEY GUYS..... Thanks for all the HELP!
well.... i left left out the brackets!
n i made my own stainless steel brackets customized for the intake... this thing isnt going any where!
and i had a custom piece of rubber cut to surround it n make sure it dosent rub, move or vibrate!

its sounds amazing by the way...

and thanks again for all your responces!

-JR "wickedbimmer"

:yup

·
Registered
698 Posts
The piece left over is used to connect the intake to the little metal piece sticking up from the fender that does nothing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts