BMW Werkz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I went to get my car inspected the mechanic told me that my check engine light doesn't come on when i start the car like it should.

Along with that he said my car is throwing 3 codes...

P0173
Fuel Trim Malfunction (Bank 2)

P1423
P1421
Manufacturer Control Auxiliar Emission Controls

Can anyone help me out!!!??? :help

· Help from over the pond
3,230 Posts
P0173 Bank 2, I wouldnt worry about this one unless you have dropped a V8 in as you only have Bank1. As for the other two codes Im not sure, I will have a look in my files.

3,230 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Previous owner did drop in a replacement engine....could that be why its throwing those codes? and you think a reset of codes might clear it all up?

As for the check engine light, my brake light went out so the "Check Control" light came on next to my gauges. Is that the only check engine light next to my gauges?

3,230 Posts
Resetting the codes will clear them from the ECU and if the error is still there after a 50 mile drive they will reapper and you will have to take care of what ever is wrong.

check engine light, Im not sure on your model, do a google search or another member may be able to shed some light on the subject, you could always google search for a downloadable owners manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.