BMW Werkz banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from Stage3 S4 owner :wave

Relax, I'm here to see if it makes sence to get a Z3M.

I need to research power options for them so I hope there is plz here that have made them real fast!!

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Hi and welcome,enjoy your time here.....

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
Welcome Cadddy7 to Bimmerwerkz! :)

My 13 year old son wants an S4 as his 1st car!

jb :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks you all for the warm welcome!!!

johnnybayonne, I guess your son has good tast. But the best thing about that car is how easy it is to add power. Down pipes alone gives 20-30whp and wftlb and a chip 60-70hp and 100ftbl torque at the crank. Bt of course after you done that you want more, and then alot more again :rule

gotKRAUT, Here is a link to my add 2000 Audi S4, Stage 3, 450hp

What do you guys think of a twin turbo LS1 in a Z3 Coupe? Looking at 600whp or so. With supporting brakes, that just have to become the best car ever!!

·
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin
9,355 Posts
the only issue with the Z3M is that it runs an old archaic semi rear trailing arm rear suspension(exactly the same as my E30)...when making that much power you might want a better rear end...theres plenty of E36's with LS1s which are epically amazing cars with great power/weight distribution

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info on the rear end, that is exactly the kind of stuff I'm trying to find out. Is there upgrades available?

I've read that the LS aluminum block is lighter then the BMW motor so the weight distribution should be inproved.

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
Welcome Caddy!

As far as the weight distribution with the lighter engine, the BMW is already 50/50, so you'd actually end up with a slightly heavier rear (which shouldn't be an issue, methinks).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome Caddy!

As far as the weight distribution with the lighter engine, the BMW is already 50/50, so you'd actually end up with a slightly heavier rear (which shouldn't be an issue, methinks).
WOW is it really 50/50!! You can't improve on that!! :) That car is awsome to drive so it makes sence.

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
WOW is it really 50/50!! You can't improve on that!! :) That car is awsome to drive so it makes sence.
If not 50/50, then it is no worse than F/R 51/49. BMW designs all their cars as close to 50/50 as they can get them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts