BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to get car inspection at dealer...

is it better to get inspect at dealer or just auto shop?! thank you~

They said it cost $140.....

my second problem is the airbag light got on!!! :wtf

man... itz been only a week... and already getting problems?! :uggh

anyway to fix it or take it to the dealer and fix it?!!~

thank you.....

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
inspection can be done by yourself if you have a little know how about cars like looking at hoses any visible leaks and check brakes for wear by looking at pads and rotors peeking under the car and suspension for any visible problems. Changeing oil is fairly straight forward around fifty dollars if you do it yourself for oil and filter synthetic of course. As for your airbag light i have had problems with mine going on several times. i think there is an issue with the seatbelt latch on the drivers side i had mine replaced. Or you can buy a reset tool from peake research but they are a little expensive and you will end up using it maybe once. If your car is under warranty take it to the dealer let them fix the airbag light. I know my car had some airbag issues they finally fixed and has not lit up and stayed on :clap2

·
Registered
497 Posts
typical problems with e46's and airbag lights are the seat buckle switches and passenger seat occupancy sensors. Occasionally there were faulty airbags or moisture collecting in the a-pillar/door jamp bulk connector and also a harness modification/update. Either way, take it to the dealer for the warranty.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Inspection 1 or 2? Basically, not a whole lot involved with either. Change oil and filter, microfilter, and air filter (if it's an insp 2), plus a bunch of checks.

SRS light, could be any number of things.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeh my air bag light just came on a week ago. I took it to BMW and it is going to be around 750 for a new bag. I have never heard of so many problems with a airbag in a car before. Cheap [email protected]# bags! :pissed2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts