BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can anyone help me with identifying a heat issue in my e90 2006 BMW 325i (new body style)?

The blower fan stopped working without a trace. I have been reading forums online and im leaning towards the Final Stage Unit (Blower motor resistor) needing replacement. The heat control display is working fine. I can hear a faint noise in the back and i think the fan is working. Defrost mode for the front windows works enough to clear the windows but the inside of the car is cold...brrrrr rr...it couldnt have gone at a worse time in Canada!

Anyone know where the FSU or BMR is located? any pictures or diagrams or DIY instructions out there that someone can post online?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have checked fuse 67 and it is fine.

I have also taken the car for a long drive as advised by the BMW dealership to charge up the battery. I was advised that if the battery is low BMW's transfer power to key features so the car keeps running. I think heat should be a key feature in a car! haha

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

Lol.......what a funny suggestion...............great...........!it would be helpful for me too.

Thanks

Regards
Lew Crippen

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey dude, i have a great DIY PDF for this. the attachment is 850KB (larger that the restriction!)

if you PM me your email addy i can send it through ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts