BMW Werkz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone ok my problem has several symptoms....

when i turn on my heater (if its a good day) and it goes on the minimum setting there is this whistling sound coming from the vents....but as of late the fan doesnt blow anything at all neither hot nor cold air but I can feel heat radiating from the vents....but every once and a great while it will kick on for a little while but then goes back off.
By the way it also seems to work more frequently in warmer weather.

I looked at the belts and noticed they were cracking so I am going to replace them but can anyone give me a hint as to what could cause the whistling sound and the fan blower to not work?

and if you are aware of what parts I need a link?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
have u checked fuses?

whistling can be interpreted as an obstruction in the vents where free air flow is obstructed; or, it can be a foreign object rubbing on or inside the blower motor.

In the latter case, it can cause you blower motor to stop, overheat, and eventually burn out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, yes I have checked both the fuses and to see if there was any obstruction neither one of these is the cause...btw the whisling goes away when the heater is working and on high....the whistling only occures when its on low.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
blower motor grounded.

by your description, the circuit components are ok. u seem to be able to get power to it so the wiring is good; you are able to change fan speeds so blower resistor is ok...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts