BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my driver's side heated seat doesnt work. When i try to turn it on the light goes on for a couple seconds then turns itself off. This goes for the high or low setting. any ideas on fixing this problem? im hoping its just a fuse problem but perhaps its something in the wiring?

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
yeah if the element fails the light should still stay on.. so if you hit the high setting does the seat heat up or not? it could just be the light, however thats the simple solution, the second and harder issue would be that the seat in fact does not heat up, than i would of couse check all fuses and than see if you can pinpoint if there is resistance (short) of sorts on the line thats causing the seat to fail.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah it doesnt heat up at all, the light just turns off after a second and nothing happens, i will see what i can do and report my findings

·
Registered
271 Posts
youre light turns of after a while becuase the resistor that heats up inside youre seat is gone, open circuit,

you need to order the heater pads that go inside the seat.

then dissaemble the seat and replace the heating pads.

it took me 2 hours, but now i got nicely warm heated seat.

you could use a multimeter to check for resistance accross the terminals of that come from the seat heating system.

if the pads circuit is open, then you will not read a resistance.

keep in mind that for the pads to fail after some years is common.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts