BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today...i warmed up my car far about 3 minutes and drove off....i put on the heat and i can here the fan blowing.....like whhhhhhheeew and a ticking noise.....i never heard either of these noises b4...its loud enuff that i can here it over the engine when doing 90mph...and the music on....what is causing this noise? ..does something need to be replaced/checked/fixed?

·
Registered
26 Posts
is it a ticking noise or is it more like "Click-Clunk"? If its the latter, then thats you're climate control system evacuuating excess heat which can build up.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Furious@Jan 29 2004, 02:34 PM
its the fan, i live with it. i have a noise but its very quiet.
i had that very quiet noise....but its not doing that anymore...the best way that i can describe it is if you put a piece of paper inside of a spinning fan blade....that ticking noise....or if you put a baseball card in a bicycle rim

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
it could be what they call a "rats nest" sometimes its actaully a rats nest but other times its just junk up in your heating pipes! my friend got it in his 02 wrx, and the way you fix it is taking it somewhere and they will blow it all out! you can tell if its this by your heater working fine on some speeds by bad on others. my friends wrx works fine until you get to 3 then it gets kind of loud and louder at 4, hella loud!

David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts