BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The headliner in my 325 is shot. both the sunroof panel and the main roof look like crap, and the fabric is heavily oxidized and rips easily. Is there an easy way to replace this item, and spruce up the interior while I'm at it? I understand that I will need to pull the sunroof (need to do it anyways to replace a guide rail) and both the rear glass and windshield. This isnt too daunting to me, but where can I get a new spline for the gasket when finished?

·
Premium Member
3,805 Posts
The headliner in my 325 is shot. both the sunroof panel and the main roof look like crap, and the fabric is heavily oxidized and rips easily. Is there an easy way to replace this item, and spruce up the interior while I'm at it? I understand that I will need to pull the sunroof (need to do it anyways to replace a guide rail) and both the rear glass and windshield. This isnt too daunting to me, but where can I get a new spline for the gasket when finished?
I've never done the sunroof but the headliner comes off in one big peice. You need to take off the sunshades and plastic panels and all that stuff (that's the pain in the ass part) and then manuveur it out the door. There's a lip on the back side that you need to hook over a metal ledge on the back window before centering it and replacing everything. Definately a two people job.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
aww look at that, she comes back for a day and already is back to helping people.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts