BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie here and have been searching yours and other forums for the problem I have with my dash instruments.

The problem where the gauges flicker and die has been mentioned in a few threads here but no one has actually said that they have fixed or found the problem.

It was mentioned in one thread that the instrument panel needed to be replaced, has anyone done this and fixed the problem?

I have replaced the battery and checked the plugs in the back of the instrument panel for those who are going to say it is that easy.

Any help with this problem would be much appreciated.

Cheers and great forum.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i had same problem on my 325i (1993) ended up changing my cluster today took me ten mins to do only two srews and three plugs in the back came out with steering wheel at highest point no problem

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies,

Yes have checked and fixed boot wire loom, also waiting for a boot lock actuator to arrive because someone had fitted a dodgy aftermarket boot actuator which is causing the doors to unlock after I lock them.

Has that fixed the problem Robert?

Cheers, Simon.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for the replies,

Yes have checked and fixed boot wire loom, also waiting for a boot lock actuator to arrive because someone had fitted a dodgy aftermarket boot actuator which is causing the doors to unlock after I lock them.

Has that fixed the problem Robert?

Cheers, Simon.
Sorry got the name wrong...lol it was after 12pm friday night....lol :conf

Cheers Martin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts