BMW Werkz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i lost my keys up at Mt. holly here when i was boarding with my cousins, and the ski patrol didn't even give a shit to look for them... anyway, that was my only set of keys, and i have no idea what to do.. how do I get another key made for my car??? can the dealership make me a key if i give them the vin number or anything without giving me new locks and stuff??

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I left my license in my 325, and I have my title, and a copy of my registration.. How do they know what key I need for my car if i don't have a copy?? Is it setup by the vin #'s or somethin? and do you know how much it is to get a key replacement?? thanks...

ps- i have a 94 325, still hope i can get the key made for it..

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
the dealer will make one for you, they have all the information stored in their computers probably. its not going to be inexpensive though. you should've have made a spare a long time ago though

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh, i knew it would probably cost a few bucks.... it shouldn't cost more than $50.00 should it? I had originally had the key with the light in it, but i don't know if it would be cheaper to just get the regular one or not... so until tommorow my car is still sitting over at the mountain unattended....dammnn this crap..

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
basic non lighted key costs $29 and will take 2-3 days to be manufactured and delivered to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I dont like those lighted keys, they are so clumsy and bulky. I drilled mine out a bit and put a laser where the light is. Then i lost it the next week.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
god damnit, i have to wait 2-3 days.... that's bs crap terd ass.... i need my car like yesterday... ahh, i hope i don't have to go get the 3000 out of storage..

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it figures, I was riding in the terrain all night long since they put up new mailboxes and rails, and I knew I had lost em there somewhere.... I walked up the mountain after they closed and shut the lights off and the damn groomer had already went over the terrain park completely... that sun of a b!tc$... and I had the brand new $27 bmw keychain my brother bought me for christmas on there too....

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I got to my local Bav. dealer today, ended up, I ordered a set of keys from them, said they were having them overnighted from Jersey to me.. Only cost me $33 for the basic non-lighted keys... Not tooo shabby....now all I just hope my damn car hasn't been towed from the ski-resorts parking lot yet....it's only been 2 days...

·
Registered
48 Posts
yo bimmerfan.. what model is your car ? mine is a 95 model and i discovered there's a chip inside.. when i made a copy at a stupid key store i paid only 10$ but didnt work... now i need to pay something like 150$ minimum to get the key shipped from Germany to my country (Lebanon - Middle East) !!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OUCHH, i have a 94..

·
Registered
448 Posts
'94s don't have the chip. I just had an extra key made for my '94 325i and I just showed the dealer's parts department my registration and VIN. They ordered a key and it was in in about 3 days. Cost was $30. The keys you get through BMW dealerships are steel (I think) and last much longer than any brass key that you can get from a locksmith (if you can find one that can do laser cuts).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts