BMW Werkz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting, this is a good group. Can I get some e36 help here?

First, I can't figue out how to take off my wiper arms. i need to access that panel under it with the rubber seal that covers the bottom of the window. Mine's rotten. But I took off the little covers and removed the nut, but I can't get it off. Any idea's?

numero dos... oh well... thats enough for now. Thanks much, you rule.

Chris

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
what year and model

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
welcome to the forums. what exactly is rotten? the arm? removing them takes some strenght sometimes, remove the nut and pull them off,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. The year is 94' btw... a 325is.

It's the rubber seal attached to the plastic trim piece right below the windsheild that's rotten. I have to get the wiper arms off first, though, because they extend up through that plastic part. I will try again to pull them off, but I was pulling to the point I was worried about breaking them. Is there anything that can loosen metal parts? WD40 maybe?

Thanks again.

Chris

·
Registered
497 Posts
Remove the nut (if i remember correctly it's a 13mm), and then fold the wiper up (like you were going to change the refill). Then try to wiggle it off. You may have to use some penetrating oil. Usually you have to use a dedicated puller to avoid destroying the wiper and the splines on the shaft. Just remember that the arm has to be up. There is a locking type mechanism that will prevent the wiper from coming off if laying flat. Good Luck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah just keep wiggling and pulling it and it will come off. Be sure to realign the spines right when you put it back on.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
welcome to the forums brother...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts